SHP Associate Attorney
Specialized Healthcare Partners (“SHP”), which provides consulting and revenue cycle management services to hospitals, is actively searching for attorneys for its Delray Beach, FL office. SHP is the clinical and legal extension of a hospital’s business office through the use of independent physicians and attorneys who maximize the recovery of denied insurance claims. Our reputation in the clinical, legal and insurance communities enables our company to achieve a quick and beneficial resolution of insurance claims on behalf of our clients. We anticipate the market need for our services to increase with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and recent changes to the code that governs how medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures are reported.
Our desired candidate must be committed to working in a non-litigation legal environment. In addition, our desired candidate will have strong analytical skills, understand complex insurance contracts, and be able to multitask, reprioritize, and manage a caseload of accounts. Responsibilities include:
- Appeal wrongfully denied and delayed insurance claims through the insurance carriers’ internal appeals process;
- Submit appeals to Independent Review Organizations for external review;
- Utilize federal regulations and state statutes to resolve claims;
- Negotiate settlement agreements with insurance carriers;
- Identify chronic payer issues and advise clients on potential remedies; and
- Maintain a working knowledge of assigned clients.
The above referenced responsibilities are confined to the pre-litigation process.
Candidate must have a J.D. and a State Bar Membership is preferred but not required. Candidate must also have strong communication and writing skills. Proficiency in Word and Excel is required. Hiring is contingent on successful background check and drug screening. Salary will be commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
SHP is always looking for qualified individuals to join our team: if you are interested in joining our team, please contact our Human Resources Manager.